Reports to: Owner
SIGN INSTALLER/CUSTOMER SITE SURVEYOR
Installs various types of signs. Installation includes installing stud mounted letters on walls using a pattern, digging post holes for 4x4 posts for commercial real estate and panel signs, hanging indoor and outdoor signage, laying vinyl on windows, walls, vehicles etc. Visits customer sites to survey buildings for measurements and sizing.
HOURS & CONTRACT • 7:00AM – 4:00PM, Monday – Thursday
• 7:00AM – 1PM Friday.
• Full Time- Hourly Rate.
• Purchase materials from local hardware store including lumber, cement, sand, fasteners, paint etc.
• Prep and fabricate signs for install including assembly, woodworking, laying vinyl
• Read and understand work orders for instructions at site of install.
• Install signs at client or 3rd party sites.
• Clean up site
• Survey customer sites to obtain measurements of building facades, sign faces etc.. to allow for accurate estimating.
• Clean up shop
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee shall possess a valid current Tennessee Driver's license and a photocopy of current automobile insurance coverage.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent. One to two years related experience and/or training, or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and analyze general work orders, construction drawings, assembly instructions.
• Basic math ability to calculate figures and amounts such fractions in order to measure walls, center signs on walls or windows etc. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• E-mail, Time clock software
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, to walk, sit, and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and occasionally to lift up to 50 pounds. Some ladder work is required up to a height of 18 feet.
• Utilize a bucket truck up to 35 feet in the air.
• At times, work directly with customers on the job site.
• Attention to detail and great communication skills are required.
• Ability to climb a ladder and use a tape measure
• Work with a team and maintain an upbeat attitude
• Self-motivated to complete tasks given
• Sign Installers are compensated with an hourly rate commensurate with experience up to $20/Hr.
• Paid PTO.
• Paid Holidays.
• Paid Sick Days.
• Profit Sharing Plan after 1 full year of service.